Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Bologna: The City of Letters

Many people do not know about Bologna. Bologna is a city in the center of Italy and has one of the largest Universities in Italy. Bologna may not have much significance but to my friends and I Bologna is where our Fraternity, Kappa Sigma, was founded in 1400's. We decided to take a one night trip by a three hour train ride. It was really cool to see all of the sights that are in our rituals. There isn't much that I can say in detail that isn't Ritual related but one of the coolest things that we did was climb to the top of Torre Degli Asinelli (part of the two towers piazza). It has an amazing view of the city. For dinner we tried Spaghetti Bolognese, another Bologna staple, and at night we found some english speaking bars because even with our limited Italian knowledge we are still totally lost in Italian bars.
view from the top

artsy picture of the towers

AEKDB(Kappa Sig thing) from the top of the tower

Overall I would say it was a great experience because I got to see places that I have learned about as a Brother of Kappa Sigma and got to see them with fellow Brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment